Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Saturday 10 and Wednesday Sprints

I see I forgot some updates, so here goes...

We did 10 miles last Saturday. Well, I did 9 miles and my knee vehemently insisted I walk the last; I wasn't thrilled about that. But, Coach Lisa did recommend a knee strap to bring on the runs in case it happens again, so I have since invested in one. Other than that, the run went well. We did the run in 5/1 intervals: 5 min run/1 min walk. Our pace was faster because we got the 1 min rest so we actually lost no time on our per-mile clock (about 11-min per mile, which is great).

Last night, Wednesday, was sprints. Nobody showed except one coach who always shows. We did a good run with an extended warm up before sprints. We did 4 sets of 2-min sprints. My lungs hate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment