Tuesday, August 24, 2010

8 and Hills

I can't believe I forgot to keep this up to date. I feel I've betrayed the spirit of the blog. Ok, that's enough of the histrionics.

Last Saturday (8/21) was a valuable lesson in shoes. We were doing 8 miles of hill training and I made it to about 4 when my knee decided to protest.

Coach Lisa was aghast (that's probably an exaggeration) that I did not have either shoes professionally fitted or custom inserts. Basically, I'm not getting the support I need for my knees, legs, feet. She turned to one of the other runners (the guy that 12 miles as easily as driving it) and asked if he had custom inserts and he said, "Oh yeah." (What I heard was, "I'm not crazy, who wouldn't have custom inserts!").

Jenn and I went to Road Runner that day and got our custom inserts and learned the stock inserts in our shoes are good for only about 50 miles. Well we've done more miles than that!

So here's hoping to more support as the big day rapidly approaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment